Quality Innovation Performance’s (QIP’s) Board of Directors is our governing body committed to working towards our company vision of delivering quality improvement through innovation systems and solutions.
The Board meets quarterly and provides leadership. The Board oversees the implementation of the AGPAL Group of Companies strategic plan.
Current Board Members
Mr Gary Smith – Chair
Qualifications : JP, CPM FAAPM, MAICD
Gary Smith joined the Board of Quality Innovation Performance Limited (QIP), in 2011 and is also Chair of the Quality Innovation Performance Consulting Limited (QIP Consulting) and Quality Innovation Performance International (QIP International) Boards. He joined the AGPAL Board in December 2006. Gary is an AGPAL Independent Director and has over 30 years experience in healthcare management.
- Board Member, Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District.
- Director, General Practice Workforce Tasmania.
- Director, Australian Association of Practice Management Ltd.
- Fellow and Life Member of the Australian Association of Practice Management Ltd.
- Member, Medicare Australia Stakeholders Consultation Group.
- Member, Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) Review General Practice & Primary Care Clinical Committee.
- Academic Director and Lecturer, University of New England Partnerships.
- Surveyor, AGPAL.
- Surveyor, International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua)
- Chair – Catholic Care Social Services, Diocese of Parramatta
Dr Richard Choong – QIP Director
Qualifications : MB Bch BAO (NUI), LRCSI & PI, FRACGP
Dr Richard Choong joined the QIP Board in 2003, and was elected Board Chair in 2006. Richard is the longest serving and youngest Chair of the AGPAL Board to date. Richard is an Australian Medical Association (AMA) nominee of the AGPAL Board and is the President of the AMA Western Australia. Richard has 17 years’ experience in general practice and is the principal of an outer metropolitan General Practice in Perth.
- Member, Australian Medical Association of General Practice.
- Member, Australian Medical Association of General Practice Western Australia.
- Federal Councillor, Australian Medical Association.
- President, Australian Medical Association Western Australia.
- Fellowship of Australian Medical Association.
Mr Phillip Bain – QIP Director
Qualifications : MBA
Phillip Bain joined the QIP Board in 2013. Phillip is the Chief Executive of Plenty Valley Community Health. He was previously Chief Executive Officer of the Goulburn Valley Medicare Local in central Victoria since January 2012. Phillip was formerly CEO of the Northern Division of GPs in Melbourne. Prior to joining the inaugural QIP Board he was a Director of both QIC and QICSA before they merged with QMS and Quality in Practice to form Quality Innovation Performance (QIP). Until August of 2013 Phillip was a Commissioner of the Victorian multi-cultural Commission and provided advice to the State Minister on migrant and refugee issues in rural Victoria. Phillip has a Masters in Business from La Trobe University and is currently a Senior Fellow of the University of Melbourne’s School of Rural Health.
Previous appointments include:
- Long-standing Chair of the Darebin Community Health Service and a Director of Melbourne Health (Royal Melbourne Hospital).
- Serving on numerous Boards and Government Advisory Committees in the health and education sectors, including: the Melbourne College of Textiles, the Victoria Parade Geriatric Centre and Northern TAFE (NMIT). Municipal Councillor in Northcote (Vic) for nearly ten years and was Mayor twice.
- Ministerial Advisor to Hawke Government Health Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Brian Howe from 1988 till 1994.
Mr Andrew Stanley
Qualifications : BA (Hon), MPA (Policy)
Andrew Stanley joined the QIP Board 2013. Andrew was an Independent Director of QIC (which formed part of QIP) since its establishment and served two terms as Chair. Until August 2012 Andrew held a number of senior management positions in the SA Department of Health and Ageing in the areas of policy, planning and research, most recently as Director, Office for Research Development. Andrew’s current role is Director of SANT DataLink which is a consortium of SA and NT government agencies and universities (endorsed by the University of South Australia) established to facilitate large scale population level research and evaluation using privacy protecting data linkage methodologies.
Ms Jo Watson – QIP Director
- Deputy Chair, Consumers Health Forum (CHF) and Chair, Governance Committee
- Director, Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL)
- Member, Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) (Australian Government)
- Chair, HTA Consumer Consultative Committee (Australian Government)
- Expert Panel Member, Review of Pharmacy Remuneration and Regulation (Australian Government)
Qualifications : ACA, BBus, AICD
- Company Secretary, Quality Innovation Performance
- Company Secretary, Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited
- Associate Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants in AustraliaDirector, Attune Hearing Pty Ltd
- Fellow Member, Institute of Company Directors in Australia
- Finance Director, Fort Knox Storage GroupFinance
- Managing Director, H N Williams Pty LtdRegistered Tax Agent
- Board Member, Alzheimer’s Association Queensland Inc.