Accreditation is independent recognition that an organisation, service, program or activity meets the requirements of defined criteria or standards. Accreditation provides quality and performance assurance for owners, managers, staff, funding bodies and consumers. Accreditation is a tool to measure and improve performance and outcomes.
Accreditation can help an organisation to:
- Provide independent recognition that the organisation is committed to safety and quality
- Foster a culture of quality
- Provide consumers with confidence
- Build a better, more efficient organisation with quality and performance assurance
- Increase capability
- Reduce risk
- Provide a competitive advantage over organisations that are not accredited, and
- Comply with regulatory requirements, where relevant.
Quality Innovation Performance (QIP) assists organisations to choose the quality improvement framework best suited for them.