QIP is the Australian Physiotherapy Association’s (APA) exclusive provider of the Physiotherapy Accreditation Program. In 2011 the Program and the Standards for Physiotherapy Practices (8th Edition: 2011 Update) were jointly reviewed by the APA and QIP following industry feedback. The review streamlined the Standards and simplified the accreditation process, reducing the time required for practices to self-assess against the Standards.
Private physiotherapy practices that are APA members, and comply with the APA’s definition of a physiotherapy practice, are eligible to register for the Program.
The revised Physiotherapy Accreditation Program:
- Helps practices to measure and improve practice performance and outcomes
- Provides a basis for minimum standards of physiotherapy patient safety and care
- Is based on a desktop assessment model where assessment, undertaken by a peer physiotherapist surveyor
- Has a three year accreditation cycle, and
- Empowers physiotherapy practices to undertake a process of continuous quality improvement.
Why choose QIP?
QIP’s vast experience in health care accreditation ensures accreditation is a simple and uncomplicated process.
QIP supports your physiotherapy practice’s commitment to continuous quality improvement.
QIP can best support you on the accreditation journey
QIP can best support your physiotherapy practice on its accreditation journey and ensure accreditation is a positive experience by providing:
- A streamlined and web-based approach that reduces the time and effort to achieve accreditation
- A dedicated Client Liaison Officer
- Access to a wide range of educational resources, at no additional cost
- A web-based self-assessment tool – AccreditationPro, and
- Cost-effective accreditation.
QIP’s fees are clearly articulated ensuring that physiotherapy practices know upfront exactly how much accreditation will cost. Fees are payable only once during the relevant accreditation cycle. We do not charge:
- Any membership or application fees
- Hourly fees or additional costs, or
- Annual fees.
You are invited to contact us and learn how your physiotherapy practice can become accredited.