Support services work to make housing more available, reduce homelessness and support those in need.
Housing and homelessness support services have a range of accreditation options open to them, including accreditation against the:
- Quality Improvement Council (QIC) health and community services Standards, or
- Department of Human Services (DHS) Standards for services located in Victoria.
A wide range of health and community service organisations of all sizes chose QIC accreditation because it:
- Involves a whole-of-organisation continuous quality improvement approach
- Helps to identify quality improvement opportunities, and
- Assists to increase organisational capacity.
QIC accreditation is more than a compliance-based program; it recognises strengths and areas for improvement, and can help housing and homelessness support services to identify quality improvement priorities.
Learn more about benefits of QIC accreditation.
Housing and homelessness support services located in Victoria
To receive funding from the Victorian Department of Human Services (DHS), housing and homelessness support services located in Victoria must meet all of the DHS Standards and approved governance and management Standards.
The DHS Standards promote empowerment, access, engagement, well-being and quality improvement participation.
Services located in Victoria must complete accreditation against the DHS Standards once in every three-year funding cycle.
Why choose QIP?
QIP is committed to working in partnership with community services to ensure continuous quality improvement.
QIP supports housing and homelessness services on their quality journey by providing:
- A streamlined approach that reduces the time and effort to achieve accreditation
- A dedicated Client Liaison Officer
- Access to a wide range of educational resources, at no additional cost, and
- Cost-effective accreditation.
QIP can support you to manage multiple standards and accreditation programs.
When choosing an accreditation provider it’s important to understand exactly how much accreditation will cost and what accreditation support is included.
QIP’s fees are clearly articulated ensuring that you know upfront exactly how much accreditation will cost. The cost of accreditation is dependent on the size of the organisation, the number of staff, the number and location of sites and the services provided.
Contact QIP for a customised quote.