Day procedure services are required to be accredited against the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards . The NSQHS Standards are owned by the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC).
QIP accreditation meets the State and Territory jurisdictional requirements for accreditation related to licensing of day procedure units and the accreditation requirements of private health funds.
About day procedure service accreditation
Day procedure services are required to be accredited under the Australian Health Service Safety and Quality Accreditation (AHSSQA) Scheme. Achieving accreditation demonstrates a commitment to safety, quality and continuous quality improvement within the day procedure service environment.
QIP has vast experience in health care accreditation and offers a simple and uncomplicated accreditation process for day procedure services.
- Registration with QIP
- Application for accreditation
- On-site survey assessment
- Monitoring and continuous quality improvement
The accreditation cycle is three years from the date accreditation is awarded.
Once accreditation is achieved, continued compliance is monitored with a mid-cycle review.
Day procedure services accredited by QIP are encouraged to promote their achievement of accreditation through use of the Approved Accredited Symbol.
Why choose QIP?
QIP can best support your day procedure service on the accreditation journey and ensure accreditation is a positive experience. QIP is dedicated to making accreditation a simple and uncomplicated process.
QIP supports day procedure services with extraordinary accreditation support and resources, including:
- A streamlined and web-based approach that reduces the time and effort to achieve accreditation
- Access to a wide range of educational resources at no extra cost through our QbAY resource library, including QIP Day Procedure Services Accreditation Guide
- A web-based self-assessment tool – AccreditationPro, and
- A dedicated Client Liaison Officer to provide support for accreditation systems process.
When choosing an accreditation provider for the NSQHS Standards, it’s important to understand exactly how much accreditation will cost and what accreditation support is included.
QIP’s fees are clearly articulated ensuring that dental practices know upfront exactly how much accreditation will cost. Fees are payable only once during the relevant accreditation cycle. We do not charge:
- Any membership or application fees
- Hourly fees or additional costs, or
- Annual fees.
You are invited to contact us for a customised quote for your day procedure service to be accredited against the NSQHS Standards.