The Victorian Early Childhood Intervention Standards 2016 (ECI Standards) support funded early childhood intervention providers to understand the Victorian Government’s expectations in regard to the quality of service delivery for young children with disability or developmental delay and their families.
The ECI Standards reflect the early intervention outcomes for young children with disabilities or developmental delays and their families, and are underpinned by the key principle of family centred practice. They recognise that the foundation of effective early childhood intervention is based on national and international evidence based research.
All service providers funded by the Department to deliver ECI services are required to comply with the Standards.
Pathway to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS) that have obtained the Victorian Approved NDIS Provider – Early Childhood Supports status are required to undergo a review from an approved independent review body within 18 months of being awarded this status in order to continue to provide these services.
The Standards consist of four service delivery standards and an organisational performance standard, as follows:
Standard 1: Family centred practice: Families can expect to be involved in a respectful, collaborative working partnership with service providers.
Standard 2: Access and engagement: Children and families have access to services appropriate to their needs without being disadvantaged by their cultural, financial or geographic situation.
Standard 3: Outcomes for children and families Service delivery focuses on functional outcomes for children and families that support the achievement of their goals.
Standard 4: Inclusion and participation: The inclusion and participation of children in everyday family and community life is promoted.
Standard 5: Organisational Performance: Sound governance and management guides quality service delivery.
Why choose QIP?
- Is an endorsed Independent Review Body to assess and accredit organisations against the Human Services Standards
- Has over 20 years’ accreditation and certification experience in the children, youth and family services, homelessness services and disability services sectors
- Offers a range of accreditation options and can bundle Human Services Standards accreditation with other accreditation products to provide a streamlined package for your organisation
- Supports your organisation by providing access to qualified Client Liaison Officers and industry reviewers with experience in Victorian Community Services, and
- Will ensure your organisation’s accreditation is an uncomplicated process.
When choosing an accreditation provider for the ECI Standards, it’s important to understand exactly how much accreditation will cost and what accreditation support is included.
QIP’s fees are clearly articulated ensuring that you know exactly how much accreditation will cost. Fees are payable only once during the relevant accreditation cycle. We do not charge:
- Any membership or application fees
- Hourly fees or additional costs, or
- Annual fees.
Your organisation is invited to contact us for a customised quote to be accredited against the ECI Standards.