QIP and the Australian Dental Association Inc. (ADA) worked collaboratively to develop Private Dental Practice Accreditation. The Scheme encourages private dental practices to adopt the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards into existing quality systems.
QIP is the exclusive independent accreditation provider of Private Dental Practice Accreditation.
Achieving accreditation demonstrates a commitment to the provision of excellent dental care and continuous quality improvement within the practice environment.
About Private Dental Practice Accreditation
Accreditation is voluntary, profession-led and aims to promote continuous quality improvement.
The program is responsive to the needs and expectations of the dental profession and provides a sound evidence-based approach to accreditation by focusing on the first six NSQHS Standards that are applicable to dentistry.
Private dental practices who have not previously been accredited, commence the program via the Introductory Private Dental Practice Accreditation pathway. The accreditation cycle is two years from the date accreditation is awarded and assists practices in the establishment of quality systems.
Re-accreditation offers three (3) pathways, as follows:
- Desk-top assessment only – three (3) year cycle
- Desk-top assessment with a phone interview – four (4) year cycle
- Desk-top assessment with on-site assessment – four (4) year cycle
During the accreditation cycle practices undertake a process of continuous quality improvement and submit a mid-cycle report to QIP. This mid-cycle report supports practices to demonstrate ongoing compliance with the NSQHS Standards.
Accreditation assists dental practices to:
- Build a culture of quality and patient safety
- Reduce clinical and general risks
- Educate and engage staff in quality improvement processes and systems
- Establish competitive advantage over non-accredited dental practices, and
- Promote the quality and safety of services to both patients and the community.
Why choose QIP?
QIP has vast experience in primary, secondary health care and community sector accreditation and is the preferred accreditation provider to a large number of private dental practices.
QIP and the ADA support dental practices with a range of accreditation support tools and resources, including:
- A web-based self-assessment tool – AccreditationPro
- Access to a wide range of educational resources through our QbAY (online resource library), including the QIP Dentistry Accreditation Guide, and
- A dedicated Client Liaison Officer to provide technical support for AccreditationPro.
Dental practices also receive support from the ADA and local branch representatives for:
- Guidance on documentary evidence required to comply with the Standards.
Contact the ADA.
QIP’s fees are clearly articulated ensuring that dental practices know upfront exactly how much accreditation will cost. Fees are payable only once during the relevant accreditation cycle. We do not charge:
- Any membership or application fees
- Hourly fees or additional costs, or
- Annual fees.