The Queensland Government Resources Safety & Health Queensland (RSHQ), formerly Department of Natural Resources Mines and Energy (DNRME) currently publishes a register of spirometry training providers (as well as other approved providers) that provide a training course to individuals who perform spirometry testing for the Coal Mine Workers’ Health Scheme.
RSHQ and Quality Innovation Performance Limited (QIP) have introduced an accreditation program for these providers. Both full courses and refresher courses can receive accreditation.
Only practices that are accredited with QIP are eligible for approval by RSHQ and included on the register.
To achieve accreditation, spirometry training courses must meet the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ) Standards for Spirometry Training Courses. Training providers are also required to meet additional quality standards relating to the organisation to ensure the delivery of quality training and assessment services.
Training providers that achieve accreditation can apply for approval by RSHQ. Refer to the RSHQ approval criteria for more information.
Applying for accreditation with QIP
In order to complete the accreditation process with QIP, training providers will need to:
- Contact a member of the QIP Client Liaison Officer team by phoning 1300 888 329
- Complete and return the enrolment form to your QIP Client Liaison Officer
- Agree to the QIP client service agreement
- Undertake the online self-assessment, uploading any required evidence and submit the completed application to QIP for review by independent decisions makers.
Please note: QIP accreditation for Spirometry Training Course Provider pathway is valid for a period of 12 months. RSHQ approved providers will be required to maintain their accreditation in order to remain on the RSHQ register of providers.
QIP offers a range of tools and resources designed to support training providers throughout their accreditation journey, including:
- A dedicated Client Liaison Officer
- Access to QIP’s online accreditation hub, that includes access to:
- Our user-friendly self-assessment tool known as AccreditationPro, and
- Our extensive online Education and Resource Library.
- Marketing collateral to support you in promoting your accredited status.
Once awarded QIP accreditation, you may apply to RSHQ to become an approved provider.