The Queensland Government Resources Safety & Health Queensland (RSHQ), formerly Department of Natural Resources Mines and Energy (DNRME), currently publishes a register of X-ray imaging practices (as well as other approved providers) that take coal mine workers’ chest X-rays for the Coal Mine Workers’ Health Scheme.
RSHQ and Quality Innovation Performance Limited (QIP) have introduced an accreditation program for these X-ray imaging practices.
From 1 March 2019, only practices that are accredited with QIP will be eligible for approval by RSHQ and included on the register.
To achieve accreditation, practices must provide evidence that they meet the Standards for acquiring digital chest radiography images for medical surveillance of Queensland coal mine workers (PDF, 1.8MB).
X-ray imaging practices that achieve accreditation can apply for approval by RSHQ. Refer to the RSHQ approval criteria for more information.
Applying for accreditation with QIP
In order to complete the accreditation process with QIP, X-ray imaging practices will need to:
- Contact a member of the QIP Client Liaison Officer team by phoning 1300 888 329
- Complete and return the enrolment form to your QIP Client Liaison Officer
- Agree to the QIP client service agreement
- Undertake the online self-assessment, uploading any required evidence and submit the completed application to QIP for review by independent decisions makers
Please note: QIP accreditation for Supervising Doctor pathway is valid for a period of 12 months. RSHQ approved providers will be required to maintain their accreditation in order to remain on the RSHQ register of providers.
QIP offers a range of tools and resources designed to support practices throughout their accreditation journey, including:
- A dedicated QIP Client Liaison Officer
- Access to QIP’s online accreditation hub, that includes access to:
- Our user-friendly self-assessment tool known as AccreditationPro, and
- Our extensive online Education and Resource Library.
- Marketing collateral to support you in promoting your accredited status.
Once awarded QIP accreditation, you may apply to RSHQ to become an approved provider.