At QIP, we view accreditation, certification and verification as a continuous improvement journey, where we guide our clients through to ensure their consumers, staff and community receive the best quality care, services and support. To assist throughout this process, our Education and Training team endeavour to provide on-going support and resources for our clients to learn and benefit from.
As part of these offerings we host live webinars, some available to the public and other complementary to QIP clients only. These provide accreditation, certification and verification guidance, standards and framework advice, policy and procedure tips, and highlight major updates as they arise.
Browse our upcoming webinars below for more information on topics and dates.
Recorded QIP webinars
Complimentary QIP webinars
Accessing your QIP client webinars
Access each webinar live or post-event by following the details below:
- Recorded webinars and webinar registration links can be found in the ‘WEBINARS’ section of your education and resource library, within your QIP accreditation hub.
- Each webinar is between 20 to 30 minutes long. At times we may go slightly over however if you need to leave simply log out of the webinar.
- All webinar start times are in based on AEST.
- Due to software capabilities, each LIVE webinar is capped at 500 attendees, however, all webinars will be recorded and loaded into the ‘WEBINARS’ section of your education and resource library within your QIP accreditation hub the following week.
- Registration will be allocated on a ‘first in’ basis.
- All webinars will be undertaken using GoToWebinar.
- The webinar will open 45 minutes prior to the start of a webinar to allow ample time for connection set-up. You may be required to download GoToWebinar if the program doesn’t automatically launch.
- After registering for a webinar, GoToWebinar will send you a registration confirmation and reminder one day prior to the event.
Our team will endeavour to answer your questions at the end of each webinar, however, all additional queries will be followed up in QIP communications or by contacting your QIP Client Liaison Officer.