QIP and the Australian Dental Association Inc. (ADA Inc.) worked collaboratively to develop Introductory Dental Practice Accreditation. The Scheme encourages private dental practices to adopt the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) Standards into existing quality systems.
QIP is the exclusive independent accreditation provider of Introductory Dental Practice Accreditation.
Achieving accreditation demonstrates a commitment to the provision of excellent dental care and continuous quality improvement within the practice environment.
About Introductory Dental Practice Accreditation
Introductory Dental Practice Accreditation is voluntary, profession-led and aims to promote continuous quality improvement.
The program is responsive to the needs and expectations of the dental profession and provides a sound evidence-based approach to accreditation by focusing on the first six NSQHS Standards that are applicable to dentistry. The accreditation cycle is two years from the date accreditation is awarded. During this time practices can undertake a process of continuous quality improvement.
Accreditation assists dental practices to:
- Build a culture of quality and patient safety
- Reduce clinical and general risks
- Educate and engage staff in quality improvement processes and systems
- Establish competitive advantage over non-accredited dental practices, and
- Promote the quality and safety of services to both patients and the community.
Why choose QIP?
QIP has vast experience in primary, secondary health care and community sector accreditation and is the preferred accreditation provider to a large number of private dental practices.
QIP supports dental practices with extraordinary accreditation support and resources, including:
- A web-based self-assessment tool – AccreditationPro
- Access to a wide range of educational resources through our QbAY resource library, including the QIP Dentistry Accreditation Guide, and
- A dedicated Client Liaison Officer to provide support for accreditation systems process.
Dental practices also receive support from the ADA Inc. and local branch representatives for:
- Education and training on the NSQHS Standards, and
- Guidance on documentary evidence required to comply with the Standards.
Contact the ADA Inc.
QIP’s fees are clearly articulated ensuring that dental practices know upfront exactly how much accreditation will cost. Fees are payable only once during the relevant accreditation cycle. We do not charge:
- Any membership or application fees
- Hourly fees or additional costs, or
- Annual fees.